Oneplus has finally released so much awaited OxygenOS 3.5.5 update for OnePlus 2 devices today. Oneplus 2 users were not happy after OnePlus launched OnePlus 3 thinking now all the focus of the company will be OnePlus 3 only.
But OnePlus has released OxygenOS 3.5.5 update for Oneplus 2 before they have release Nougat update for their newer device OnePlus 2 which is also a very awaited update.
In this OxygenOS 3.5.5 update for OnePlus 2, they have added support for VoLTE which the users were really looking forward to after Jio launch. There are other many features and changes in this update. Here are the high lights of the changes:
- Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers
- Added App Lock
- Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More )
- Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options )
- Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider.
- Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
- Shelf Optimizations
- Updated OxygenOS UI
- Interface and UI of the Clock app Updated
- Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16
- Increased System Stability
- General Bug Fixes
IMPORTANT BEFORE UPDATING TO OXYGENOS 3.5.5
There are few important things which needs to be noted before you update your OnePlus 2 to OxygenOS 3.5.5 as shared by OnePlus in their forum.
- If you have never updated the following Google apps, Clock, Calculator and Messages, they will be REPLACED by stock OnePlus apps. Of course, you can again download them from Play Store.
- Many phone settings will be restored to default like ring tone, accent color etc.
- After upgrading to 3.5.5, if you want to downgrade to 3.1.0 you will have to use special downgrading version and flashing tools. Refer to this link for more info.
As usual, like all the other OTA, this is also an incremental update. So don’t panic if you don’t see the update notification today itself. You will surely get the OTA notification for OxygenOS 3.5.5 within a few days.