There are times when we run out of ideas to blog about. Constantly coming up with new, fresh ways to go over the same old topics is hard work. Of course, you could always just host a promotional contest and giveaway beer koozies or whatnot, but then again, that takes planning. With that in mind, I want to offer you an alternative. If you think creatively, there are many topics that you can write about to breathe new life into your blog. Here are some example ideas that, though odd, will fit in nearly every type of blog as long as you twist it to your topic:
- Space – Did you know you get taller in space? Space travel, stars, planets, even astrology are great topics for a blog post. Everyone is interested in the night sky and the secrets it holds. With all the advancements in individual and corporate space travel these days it is really a hot topic. Even the recent jump from the edge of space has people talking. It is a great opportunity to get in new readers and increase your blog’s traffic.
- Love – Did you know that a blue whale’s heart is the size of a compact car? Love, relationships and romance are always good topics for your blog. Everyone is either looking for love, hurt by love, or in love. So, if you can tie relationships in with your blog post then you have a great post on your hands. Whether you are married, single, divorced or widowed you have something to share. You have dated or are dating, are in love or were in love at one time. Tell people what went right and what went wrong. Share what you would change in your own relationships if you could go back and what worked for you. Talk about your own experiences and trials to really keep people interested.
- Beauty – Did you know that you grow 121 feet of hair every day? Hair tips, make up brands, skin care recipes, and other topics about beauty make for great blog posts. Everyone wants to keep their youth and beauty and this topic can be changed to fit nearly every type of blog. Even things like proper typing posture or the best web camera angles for nice pictures could be considered a beauty topic.
- Safety – Did you know that mosquitoes love the color blue? With the recent outbreaks of West Nile Virus and other mosquito borne illnesses, outdoor safety is on everyone’s mind. But there is more to safety than just allying bug spray. From children’s toys that have been recalled to bicycle helmets to air bag warning, there is a variety of topics you can cover. Even online safety makes for great blog post topics and identity theft is a concern for everyone.
- Natural Disasters – Did you know that lightning strikes 100 times every second? Natural disaster like wildfires, earthquakes and tsunamis always make for great blog post topics. Even if your blog is not about that sort of thing no one will question your coverage of a major event like a natural disaster. You can even get on the news or gain other exposure if your blog post is very well written or offers new information. You can get new readers in to your blog with a timely blog post like this.
- Health – Did you know that the average person can fill a balloon with their gas every day? As gross as that is, health is a great topic for blog posts. Everyone wants to take care of themselves and live a long, healthy life. There are a variety of topics that can fall under this. Things like exercise, eating right, and even herbal remedies make for good blog post topics. Be careful not to dispense medical advice without making sure you recommend they check with a doctor, but there are many safe topics about health that you can cover. Sickness and illness are always high on people’s fear list, and fear makes people keep reading, so this topic will get you new readers.
- Science – Did you know that scientists still do not know what color a Tyrannosaurus Rex was? Everyone finds science interesting, even if it is just dinosaurs. Science, however, covers a myriad of topics. You can talk about the progress of technology and new inventions or historical finds or even things like sports physics. Science is a huge part of all our lives. Exploit that for new and interesting blog posts.
- Food – Did you know that the average person eats over 430 bugs every year? Food, recipes and even diets make for great blog posts. Everything from original recipes to restaurant tips and reviews to healthy living ideas make for great blog posts. If you can, try to include pictures to make your posts more appetizing. Social media will snap up recipes with images extremely fast which can only garner you more traffic and readers to your site. Everyone loves to eat and read about eating, so this is a topic that is well worth your time and effort.
- Memory – Did you know that the average person loses 10,000 brain cells every day? Keeping your memory going strong is something that is important to many people. There are various herbal remedies that are supposed to help as well as exercises for your mind, but the best thing to help with memory retention is organization. Tips on how to stay organized and keep up with day to day life makes for great blog posts that will have visitors clambering to share.
- Images – Did you know that the average person’s eye muscles move 100,000 times a day? No wonder people are so visual! Adding images to your blog posts is a well-known way to increase traffic and get your blog posts noticed on social media. However, did you also know that a blog post can be mainly an image? Especially handy on days where you are rushed for time, making a blog post out of an image can keep your blog alive even without a lot of work. Make sure you supply some text and always cite your photo sources, but an image can be a great blog post all on its own.
- Pets – Did you know that there are more chickens on Earth than humans? People love to read and talk about their pets. From dogs and cats to horses, chickens, chinchillas, rabbits, rats and snakes, everyone has a pet memory they would like to share. You can write about how the best pet photos are taken, funny cat images, what your childhood dog did to influence your life, or why you hate snakes. Whatever you pick to write about, you can be sure that there will be plenty of comments from people wanting to share their stories as well. This kind of interaction is exactly what you are looking for.
- Holidays – Did you know that not all snowflakes are unique? Around the wintertime especially it is easy to talk about the holidays. There is always something new to share. From financial tips to gift ideas to decorating and meal planning, the holidays make for great blog post fodder. You can talk about childhood memories or the latest technology that is on everyone’s wish list. You can even share ideas on how to make homemade gifts or offer alternatives to traditional holiday getaways and activities.
These are just a few ideas for blog post topics. Almost anything you can think of can be used as a blog post topic if you get creative with it. Check out your local news or just take a look around at what is going on in your life. You can always come up with fresh, new ideas if you think outside the box. Good luck and happy blogging!
Facts from: http://www.scienceworld.ca